Check out the Vigilantes alpha demo and try this new crime-themed turn-based RPG game that is currently being developed by Timeslip Softworks!
Yesterday Death by Beta received an email from Daithi McHugh over in Ireland regarding the new game that he and Timeslip Softworks are developing called Vigilantes. More specifically, Daithi wanted me to let you all know that there is a new Vigilantes alpha demo available.
Vigilantes is the second game from Timeslip Softworks. As Daithi mentioned in his email, Vigilantes is a crime-themed turn-based RPG. Daithi did an excellent job of describing the features, so let me quote them here from the email:
“Vigilantes features tense tactical battles with fists, firearms and explosives, deep character development, surveillance operations, memorable allies, and a wide range of equipment to loot, buy and craft.
Vigilantes has all the typical features of a turn based RPG, yet stands out from its peers in a number of areas:
- Avoids typical RPG settings, striking out in its own direction with gritty, neo noir.
- Melee combat is choreographed and fluid to an extent rarely seen in turn based games.
- Avoids the trend of simplifying character systems and gameplay. It’s very much old school, with the best of modern design advances.
- Emphasis on atmosphere: memorable allies, deadly opponents, a declining city, brought to life through quality writing, artwork and voice acting.
- Use surveillance to locate gang facilities and leadership. Randomly attacking foot soldiers won’t get you anywhere.”
If that sounds like something you would be interested then you may also want to check out the new trailer video below. Of course, the best thing to do is to download the Vigilates alpha demo (for Windows, Mac, or Linux) and give the game a try.
I should also mention that both a Vigilantes Kickstarter and a Vigilantes Greenlight campaign will be launching next week on September 28. So check out the Vigilante alpha demo and see what you think ahead of the campaigns next week. Enjoy!
As always, Death by Beta is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest alpha and beta testing news. Please follow us on Twitter and check out our Facebook page in order to get the latest news as soon as it hits, and don’t forget to sign up for The Death List above! Feel free to send us an email with any comments or feedback via our Contact page, or leave a comment below. Don’t forget to subscribe to our Death List newsletter for up to date alpha and beta testing news summaries and giveaways!